Wednesday, September 14, 2011

SELL it lady!

It has been over 3 months since I have joined in this venture. I must say that sales is extremely difficult. I was always involved in sales but more of the reporting and research side. The calling of strangers was not part of my job description and I was very happy about that.

Now, it is part of my every day life at work.

Sales people say that if you are a great sales person, you can sell anything! Well, I guess that is true BUT I am selling a commodity! It isn't really a consumer product that is used by EVERYONE- though everyone can, but that is another blog post-.

You try to research as many companies as you can who might use milk crates and reach out to them! I try calling and emailing. Having a script doesn't work for me. I learn what I can about the company but then sometimes it really does come down to how you interact with the person on the phone. Thankfully once you get a person on the phone it is much harder for them to be rude...sometimes. With email thought, it is hard to actually engage with the person. It is so easy for them to just dismiss your product and you!

In my previous experience, I have learned to listen to sales people and at least give them a shot. Even though you are happy with your current supplier you never know what another company has or can provide you with!

I would love to hear your best sales story or maybe a sales call you received that was either compelling enough for you to try their product or so horrible you blocked their phone number for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment